NtfsProgs for Windows
NtfsProgs: utilities for the NTFS file system
ntfsprogs is a suite of NTFS utilities based around a
shared library. The tools are available for free and
come with full source code.
- mkntfs: Create an NTFS volume on a partition
- ntfscat: Print a file on the standard output
- ntfsclone: Efficiently backup/restore a volume at the sector level
- ntfscluster: Given a cluster, or sector, find the file
- ntfsfix: Forces Windows to check NTFS at boot time
- ntfsinfo: Dump a file's attributes, completely
- ntfslabel: Display or set a volume's label
- ntfslib: Move all the common code into a shared library
- ntfsls: List directory contents
- ntfsresize: Resize an NTFS volume
- ntfsundelete: Find files that have been deleted and recover them
- ntfswipe: Write zeros over the unused parts of the disk
- ntfsdefrag: Defragment files, directories and the MFT
- ntfsck: Perform consistancy checks on a volume
- nttools: Command-line tools to view/change an offline NTFS volume, e.g. ntfscp, ntfsgrep, ntfstouch, ntfsrm, ntfsrmdir, ntfsmkdir
- ntfsdiskedit: Walk the tree of NTFS ondisk structures (and alter them)
Be careful with these utilities, they might damage the filesystem, or your hard disk !
If you download the Setup program of the package, the dependencies,
as listed below under Requirements, are already included, apart from msvcrt.dll.
If you download the package as Zip files, then you must download and install the
dependencies zip file.
|• Complete package, except sources|| ||Setup|| ||1274132|| ||15 March 2004|
|• Binaries|| ||Zip|| ||1046882|| ||15 March 2004|
|• Dependencies|| ||Zip|| ||720390|| ||15 March 2004|
|• Developer files|| ||Zip|| ||121702|| ||15 March 2004|
|• Documentation|| ||Zip|| ||286527|| ||15 March 2004|
|• Sources|| ||Zip|| ||1043375|| ||15 March 2004|
You can also download the files from the GnuWin32
General Installation Instructions
All required packages from GnuWin32, i.e. excluding msvcrt.dll, perl, etc, are included in the
Setup program and the dependencies zip file.