Lzo for Windows
Lzo: real-time data compression library
- Is a portable lossless data compression library written in ANSI C.
- Offers pretty fast compression and extremly fast decompression.
- Includes slower compression levels achieving a quite competitive compression
ratio while still decompressing at this very high speed.
- Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Commercial
licenses available on request.
- Military-grade stability and robustness.
LZO is a data compression library which is suitable for data de-/compression
in real-time. This means it favours speed over compression ratio. LZO is
written in ANSI C. Both the source code and the compressed data format are
designed to be portable across platforms.
LZO implements a number of algorithms with the following features:
- Decompression is simple and very fast.
- Requires no memory for decompression.
- Compression is pretty fast.
- Requires 64 kB of memory for compression.
- Allows you to dial up extra compression at a speed cost in the compressor.
The speed of the decompressor is not reduced.
- Includes compression levels for generating pre-compressed data which
achieve a quite competitive compression ratio.
- There is also a compression level which needs only 8 kB for compression.
- Algorithm is thread safe.
- Algorithm is lossless.
- LZO supports overlapping compression and in-place decompression.
If you download the Setup program of the package, the dependencies,
as listed below under Requirements, are already included, apart from msvcrt.dll.
If you download the package as Zip files, then you must download and install the
dependencies zip file.
|• Complete package, except sources|| ||Setup|| ||368494|| ||28 March 2004|
|• Binaries|| ||Zip|| ||55057|| ||28 March 2004|
|• Developer files|| ||Zip|| ||67819|| ||27 March 2004|
|• Documentation|| ||Zip|| ||12151|| ||28 March 2004|
|• Sources|| ||Zip|| ||860726|| ||28 March 2004|
You can also download the files from the GnuWin32
General Installation Instructions
All required packages from GnuWin32, i.e. excluding msvcrt.dll, perl, etc, are included in the
Setup program and the dependencies zip file.
- MS-Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / XP with msvcrt.dll.
If msvcrt.dll is not in your Windows/System
folder, get it from
or by installing
Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher